Eyeglasses are important medical devices, and a pair of properly prescribed and fitted glasses can be truly life-changing. Our vision is a part of our daily lives, and being comfortable and happy with your vision choices is essential. Eyeglasses help define who we are, highlight features, accessorize outfits, all while performing to meet your visual needs.
Choosing a pair of eyeglasses isn’t just as simple as going to the board and grabbing the first pair you like. We all have different facial shapes and sizes, and frames come in all different shapes and sizes. There are no set “rules” to finding the perfect pair of glasses for you, other than fit is essential! Wear what you like, be bold, but don’t forget to make sure that they fit properly. Fit ensures a comfortable wearing experience, as well as a better visual experience. It is especially important in digital lenses that are built around the optical center. Talk to one of our eyewear stylists to find a frame that fits you perfectly.
There are two common bridge types we see in most glasses: nose pads, a saddle bridge in an acetate frame, or a keyhole bridge in an acetate frame
- both can be very comfortable when properly fitted and adjusted
- nosepads are much more adjustable to a variety of bridge shapes
- acetate saddle bridges must fit perfectly to ensure consistent pressure across the bridge, and reducing slipping down the bridge
- keyhole bridges offer a better fitting option to a wider variety of nose shapes compared to a saddle bridge.
- universal fit bridges offer even more options for fitting a variety of bridges.
Frames should span comfortably across your face, without squeezing in or gaping open at the temples.
- eye should be centered within the lens
- temples should come into contact with the side of the head, but not exerting pressure
There are a variety of different temple types available, and each style fits differently. Your optician will be able to help you determine if the temple length is appropriate for you.
This is a basic idea of what to look for when finding your perfect frame or two to add to your eyewear wardrobe. We are here to help – our dispensing experts can help you find the perfect fit and look of your style dreams!
Pictured from left to right: Caitlyn in a keyhole vibrant green Cutler & Gross acetate frame, a saddle bridge La Marca acetate frame, a universal bridge Native Sons acetate frame, and a semi-rimless nosepad design Barton Perreira.